Thursday, October 1, 2015

MY FIRST LOVE

I had never felt her
Yet she had been there all along
Class one, two, and three
Then I came to realize she existed
Somewhere along the way
Guess when a stray hormone startled me to be
What took me so long?
To find and mine gold, that was set to be mine.

She was blessed with large sparkling eyes 
That she rolled from side to side
She liked to play with them with abandon
Sending me to a frenzy
Her sweeping eye lashes were longer than the reeds down by the swamp
She was so cheeky, this chic got a teacher pinching my cheek everyday
And she would love it, only to apologize in the evening
She was ever smiling, I never saw her sad
Ever showing her shiny, halo-white teeth
And when she smiled, her big eyes glowed
Lighting up my entire small world
Wow, I would have given everything to be with her every minute 
She had these super supple and kissable curvy lips. 
Sadly though we never knew what kissing was
She wore shoes then, yes; she had them
Black rubber shoes on her small feet
Her skin was soft chocolate brown
Akin of the Kipsigis from Chepalungu
For she was one of their finest
With kinky curly hair, she was such beauty
And she was my first love.

With her we had
Days full of sunshine
Though it was in the highlands where it rained daily,
It never rained in our small wonder world that we shared
In August
When the loquats ripened
I wouldn't wait for the school to open
I would climb our quava tree
And get the first; and best ripened fruit to her
To cement my undying love for her
We would play hide and seek in the flower beds
That were behind class five.
In the evening after school,
I would walk her some distance to home; for they stayed far
She would run, then dare me to catch her if I could
Laughing and running all the way
As we rolled down the hills
Down to the river
Ducking and jumping; with my paper heart thumbing
We’d cross the river to the vast tea estate.
Silhouetted by a setting sun
We consummated our baby love
On a green carpet of tea bushes rolling from horizon to horizon 
Oh my, sometimes it gets me thinking about it.

My first love
Where did she go?
One January
As we occupied a new class; class seven
Her desk was conspicuously missing
She was gone, they had moved
My paper heart was distraught
It was not yet steel hardened prepared to be heart broken
She never left a forwarding address
With no mobile phones,no social media; the facebooks, twitters, IM's
She was gone, I was broken.

It was loved brewed in a golden pot tinted with innocence
Love at first discovery
At our local primary school
Long before hormones started raving wild
Maybe someday I may meet her; maybe.
A mother of five; or two times divorced?
But nothing matters
For she was my first love.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer: This is work of a hapless reluctant writer. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author’s long lost feelings and are used generously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental and is highly regrettable. The writer reserves and deserves the feelings of his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment